- Course Flyer 2018 (opens in new page)
Simulation Training on Paediatric Meningococcal Disease
Duration: 1 Day
Course Facilitator: Dr Pamela Winton
Available dates will show green in the calendar. New dates are added when available.
Since the introduction of the menC vaccine in the UK, reported cases of meningococcal disease have fallen considerably.
- As a result, levels of disease experience amongst medical staff have also declined.
- The disease still exists, and typically follows an extremely rapid progressive course
- It is therefore essential that staff members retain the ability to recognize and effectively manage cases of meningococcal disease as they present in A&E Departments
- Delegates will have the opportunity to manage 3 realistic scenarios, each simulating a different way that meningococcal sepsis may present.
- Training will be provided through high fidelity simulation, by consultants with extensive experience in the management of meningococcal sepsis.
- Informative, non-confrontational debriefing sessions will follow each scenario.
This training has been supported by Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Limited. Attendance at this simulation training will be enhanced by completion of the e-learning course “Bacterial Meningitis and Meningococcal Septicaemia in Children” developed by the RCPCH and supported by Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Ltd: http://rcpch.learningpool.com/